Moira is a Registered Nurse with 40+ years experience. She has worked extensively in Public and Private Health Systems, in inpatient units and the community and in many clinical specialties, including Mental Health. Moira has worked successfully in a team environment and autonomously in many roles. Moira has been the recipient of two significant government scholarships. She was awarded a bursary for postgraduate study in which she completed a Master of Health Science (2005) in “Analysing a Core Skills Curriculum for a Multidisciplinary Mental Health Workforce”. She also received a full scholarship to attend an international conference to present the outcomes of the evaluation of this curriculum.
Moira’s qualifications include:
- Certified Trainer of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Master Practitioner of NLP
- Registered Nurse
- Credentialled Mental Health Nurse
- Master of Health Science, Southern Cross University
- Graduate Certificate, Mental Health Nursing
- Certificate Individual Clinical Supervision
- Certificate Group Clinical Supervision
- Certificate IV Workplace Assessment and Training
- Certificate Foundations of Counselling
- Civil Marriage Celebrant, Australia
Moira is also:
- Clinical Member of the ABNLP
- Member ACN
- Member NSWNA
- Member ACMHN
- Member PGNA
- Member of ANTS
For the last decade Moira has worked in senior clinical roles in Mental Health and Aged Care providing the following services:
- Professional Consultant for Life and Career Coaching and Clinical Supervision to a multidisciplinary workforce in both the Public and Private Health Sector
- Clinical Nurse Consultant in Older Persons’ Mental Health Services, establishing and leading new services in two major regional locations and participating in state wide working parties
- Mental Health Nurse Educator to develop a Core Skills Curriculum for a Multidisciplinary Mental Health Workforce, on a continuum of novice to expert, for a large sector within a large Area Health Service in Sydney
- Clinical Nurse Consultancy to support Local Court Magistrates effectively manage legal proceedings regarding the Mental Health issues of people facing charges.
Moira’s recent professional activities include:
- Personal Development coaching and professional practice development services to individuals and groups;
- clinical workshop facilitator;
- leadership and participation in service planning and development, implementation and evaluation of innovative capacity building projects for the public and NGO health workforce;
- Distance Education Tutor for postgraduate Aged Care and Mental Health Nursing students for ACN;
- Nurse Consultant and Workshop Facilitator for ACN;
- Clinical Facilitator for undergraduate nursing students for UTS
- working party member for the ACMHN’s National Programme Accreditation and Endorsement Committee;
- ongoing provision of individual and group clinical supervision to multidisciplinary clinicians, i.e., Nurses (all tiers of nursing), Social Workers, Psychologists and Occupational Therapists;
- clinical supervision for NLP Practitioners
- development, implementation and evaluation of competency based education for the government and NGO health workforce;
- clinical assessment and consultancy of people with behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia for the government and NGO health workforce.
Moira presents two local radio programmes each week with her husband and has a significant number of regular listeners. She also conducts Marriage and Life Celebration Services.
Moira is an energetic, dynamic, passionate and intelligent woman who thrives on assisting people to discover and mobilise their strengths in their personal growth and professional development.